Click on the images to enlarge the view
Springwater and Rose Cottages from the Common in early 1930’s and today
All Saints Church from Rogers lane date not known
Tollgate Cottage early 1930’s and today
Falgate Farm now and before the road bridge, anyone know who is in the pony and trap ?
Aerial picture of Mr Seppings butchers shop and farm in the 1950’s and similar shot spring 2015.
St Martins ruin late 1940s and October 2015, not a great deal of changes now that the site has been restored.
The Globe as it was in the late 1930,s . Mabel & Frank Bunn were licensees from 1936 to1952
A wintry 2015 scene of the Dukeshead with today’s preferred mode of transport – a Land Rover, compared to around the early 1930’s with a Morris Cowley van. Nothing much else has changed except how did they manage without a salt bin?!
More archive photos to appear in due course