Shotesham All Saints
5 bells, tenor circa 10cwt
The church stands on a hill with a fine view over the valley of a small tributary to the Tas river. The ring of five bells was completed in 1622 when the Tenor was cast by William Brend, splicing in two fine pre-reformation fifteenth century bells. They have long been reputed to be one of the finest toned ring of five in Norfolk. A cast iron frame was installed at the beginning of the 20th century. New bearings were installed in 2006 making them easy to handle although a little heavy. They are rung regularly from up in the tower, the ringing chamber being reached by a Victorian spiral staircase at the back of the church.