The house was a Fellowes house and part of the Shotesham Estate.
On the 1880 Ordnance Survey map it is named Isefield. This presumably has some connection with the ice house which was revealed during building work, in what is now the front garden of All Saints.
The main house was built around 1730. It was a much smaller red brick house of wattle and daub and clay lump construction, with small rooms and low ceilings. The Georgian front was added onto the house in 1818: initials and the date are carved into a brick just beside the front door. The grey fletton bricks used for the front facing are typical of local Georgian building. At a later stage the front was extended with small wings using the same grey brick. It has a modified Doric porch with octagonal columns.
The stables and hay loft, grooms room (with an open coal brazier), walled garden and greenhouse were added by the Fellowes family at the turn of the century. Norfolk red bricks were used for these buildings.
The original drive was an in and out drive with the exit adjacent to Dukes Head. The Georgian grey brick gate posts were demolished in the 1980s.
Until 1970s the house had two grass tennis courts, side by side for large tennis parties!