I am delighted to attach A Vision for Norfolk in 2021 which was approved by Norfolk County Council on 12 February 2018. This sets out the direction of the Council in the next three years, and what it would like to achieve.
We care about Norfolk and its people, and are ambitious for them. We want to help make Norfolk to be the best it can, where people can live productive, independent lives, safely and in good health, for as long as they can.
The Council will play a leading role in:
· Building communities we can be proud of
· Installing infrastructure first
· Building new homes to help young people get on the housing ladder
· Developing the skills of our people though training and apprenticeships
· Nurturing our growing digital economy
· Making the most of our heritage, culture and environment
The vision is supported by Norfolk Futures: the Council’s Strategy for 2018-2021, which shows how transformation of Norfolk County Council’s services will help to deliver our ideas. Four principles guide how we will work:
· Offering our help early to reduce demand
· Joining up our work so services are accessible, done well and done once
· Being business like and making the best use of technology
· Targeting our work where it can make the most difference
The strategy is available on our website.
We cannot do this alone and I look forward to working with you for the benefit of Norfolk over the coming months and years.
Norfolk County Council
A vision for Norfolk in 2021 was approved by Norfolk County Council on 12 February 2018. This sets out the direction of the Council in the next three years, and what it would like to achieve.